If you want to land that dream job this 2018, there are some skills which you must possess. Fact is the office environment in the 21st century is changing rapidly. Organizations don’t want to know the certificate you carry, but the skill you possess. The recruitment process of most multinational and blue chips Organizations has become very challenging. So, it is either you make it or break it.
Here is the list of the top 8 most sought after skills you need to land that dream job…here we go;
- Coding: Coding is among the skills you need to land your dream job in 2018. It is a lucrative skill that most business organizations are constantly in demand of. So, if you ever dream of working in big company, coding is definitely an easy way to get there.
- Data Management Skill: Gone are those days when organizations have pile up of files in every offices. Oops! How boring this could be though this is still the status quo in Government organizations. However, in modern Organizations, this is not sustainable as most data are digitalized. So, if you must fit into that your dream job, a good data management skill is a must. And a knowledge of excel will make your data management skill awesome.
- Website Development: The world has gone digital and most Organizations now have online presence/website. Also, a company’s website is often the first point of contact to that company. This is why most Organizations now invest more on websites. So, if you are skilled in Website development, you are a step ahead of landing your dream job.
- Writing: Writing is among the skills you need to land your dream job. As a matter of fact, it is one of the most important skills in 2018. In modern day, Organizations interact more with their customers/clients through social media. So, most organizations are constantly in need of writers who can write intelligently on their blog or social media platforms.
- Project Management: Project management is a good skill every jobseeker should acquire. This is because every project needs a manager to keep an eye on it. And this will definitely make everything to stay on schedule and under budget. In fact, a project without a manager is like a house without a roof.
- Public Speaking: Public Speaking is another unique skill that companies are constantly looking for. Organizations recruit people with these skills to tell motivating and inspiring stories with their voice in ways written words can’t. They can tell an interesting story about a product or service that will persuade buyers to patronize their company.
- Sales: Sales is among the skills you need to land your dream job. Salesmen that are very skilled and proactive are in high demand. They can work for most blue chips companies and other organizations with juicy salary structure. If you master the art of selling, you will definitely be an icon in the industry you serve. Sales has become an important department in every organization in the 21st century. Thus, people who study engineering and other courses are now building career in sales. Also, we now have sales engineers. These are engineering professionals with sales skill to market their company’s products and services. Some of the sales skills you need to master are; product knowledge, strategic prospecting, active listening etc.
- Digital Marketing: Digital Marketing professionals are the big boys in most industries now. Companies are constantly in need of these experts. Furthermore, they help to reach out with customers using popular platforms like Facebook ads, Google Ads and email marketing. Their job is to create awareness about their company, its products as well as services using social media and other reliable platforms. So, digital marketing is among the skills you need to land your dream job.