Yoruba actress Bisola Aiyeola is one of the standout performers in the industry today remarkably winning the AMVCA Trailblazer Award at the 2018 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
Abisola “Bisola” Grace Aiyeola was born on the 21st of January 1986 and was the first runner-up at the 2017 Big Brother Naija reality TV show.
BBNaija Bisola biography and profile
- Full Name: Abisola “Bisola” Grace Aiyeola
- Date of Birth: 21st January 1986
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Occupation: Actress, reality Tv, presenter, MC, singer
Bisola is an all-around entertainer and made it to the finals of the second edition of Big Brother Naija. Bisola claims she was a spoilt child till age 8 when her family was hit by some hurdles. British-born, Bisola Aiyeola is currently studying Business Management at the National Open University of Nigeria.
Due to her family’s financial hurdles, she struggled to make a name for herself Bisola made it to the finals of the MTN Project Fame 2008 where she took the 5th position.
Bisola Aiyeola rise to fame
Bisola was seen as the most controversial housemate during the Big Brother Naija (BBNaija), and is a mother of one.
Earlier in the reality TV show, Bisola was caught up in a romance with ex-housemate Thin Tall Tony and then Bally before both housemates got evicted.
Before the Big Brother Nigeria reality TV show in 2017, Bisola worked with a radio station, WFM 91.7, revealing her comic side and using her voice to charm her listeners on her radio show.
Apart from Music and radio presenting Bisola is also into acting and has featured in the Nollywood. She featured in movies like “The Life Of A Nigerian Couple” and “Forever With Us.”
She wrote on social media;
“A lot of people think I have my whole life figured out lol, if only they know that I still make mistakes.
“What I have figured out about MY LIFE though, is that Planning, action, Patience, Happiness and a general positive outlook on life, Helps cushion the blows that come from disappointment.
“SO yeah it’s ok to make mistakes but always learn from them.
If Things don’t go as you have planned today don’t forget that there’s always tomorrow and we all learn on this Journey of LIFE.
“I hope this inspires someone who is at a low point right now and I pray we all have good health and soundness of mind and body to push further. AMEN.”
Bisola Awards and Nominations
Bisola has won various awards, especially in the movie industry, check out some notable ones below;
1. In the year 2017, she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress –English at the Best of Nollywood Awards.
2. She won the 2018 Trail Blazer Awards at the 2018 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards, while also taking home the prize for the Best Actress in a Supporting Role (English) at 2020 Best of Nollywood Awards.
3. Bisola Aiyeola was at the 2022 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards nominated for three categories, though she went home without an award.
Top 5 Real Things You Never Knew About Bisola
- Bisola was a finalist in the MTN Project Fame 2008 (Iyanya won that edition).
- Bisola has a daughter.
- Bisola’s husband failed to show up on their wedding day.
- As articulate and eloquent as Bisola is, she is not a university graduate
- Bisola is an all-round entertainer as she sings and acts in movies