Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by UK universities.
Nationals of Commonwealth Developing Countries:
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship covers tuition fees and study grants where required.
To apply for the scholarship, you must:
• Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
• Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
• Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases
• Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship
• Hold an offer to start their chosen course of study in the 2021-2022 academic year.
Information for prospective Scholars will be available on the official website on 31 January 2022.
You must apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme. You must also secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying.
To apply for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, you must make your application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS), in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. All applications must be submitted by 17:00 PM (BST) on 26 April 2021 at the latest. Supporting documents must be submitted before 10 May 2021.
It is important to read the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2021 Terms and Conditions and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. All enquiries about these scholarships should be directed to the university to which you wish to apply.
Official Scholarship Website: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-distance-learning-scholarships/