Here is a step by step guidelines on how to apply and participate for the Federal Government Nigeria COVID-19 Recovery and Economic Targets Action Program, NG CARES Stimulus Grant Programme.
NG CARES Stimulus Grant
The Nigeria COVID-19 Recovery and Economic Targets Action Program (NG-CARES) was established by the government for the benefit and betterment of the Nigerian people. This idea started because of the pandemic that brought pain and misery to the poor masses.
During this time, most people were unable to meet their basic needs, lacking resources and supplies as a result of the quarantine. Therefore, the Nigerian government used this (NG-CARES) as a perfect plan to solve such problem.
The government was in partnership with the World Bank, which financed the entire project. They collected a huge amount of money to see that the program was successful and eradicated poverty from people’s lives.
The objective of Nigeria’s COVID-19 Recovery and Economic Stimulation Program is to end food shortages, suffering and revive small and large businesses that are on the brink of collapse.
NG-CARES targets three performance areas and the funds released by the World Bank will be distributed to all states in Nigeria (all 36 states). For the liberation of families from poverty and the restructuring of rural and urban areas that are not yet developed. This leads to the stability of the economy, the availability of resources and the development of the nation as a whole.
This scheme is also beneficial to the poor farmers of all states. The farming method will be upgraded to mechanized farming because farming equipment will be provided to them. Additionally, startups will be funded to prevent future hiccups.
Here are the 3 Result Areas (RAs) targeted by the NG-CARES program
- • RA1: Helping poor and struggling families
- • RA2: Increasing food availability in all 36 states
- • RA3: Help revive and speed up the growth of some businesses (Target businesses) like;
- • Micro businesses with about three to nine workers. If these businesses exceed the specified number of employees, the government will not release funds to them.
- • Small-scale businesses with ten to fifty employees. They can only access the loan having this number of workers (10 to 50).
Anyone who falls under this category in all 36 states of the nation is a strong participant of the NG-CARES program and loans will be distributed to them by the enumerators.
What Is NG Cares Grant All About?
Nigeria’s COVID 19 recovery and economic stimulus programs serve as a pillar for the poor masses, farmers, distressed households, those running small businesses.
The program is specifically aimed at people who have been greatly affected by the pandemic. The financing tool is the Program for Result in all states and the Federal Capital Territory and the IPF (Investment Perfect Financing) is meant for the federal level.
The NG-CARES Grant is a program designed to help and end socioeconomic crises. This will serve as motivation for people who almost gave up on their dreams and hopes because of how badly they were affected by the pandemic.
What Are The Fund Available For Beneficiaries Of NG-Cares?
The NG-CARES program is a huge project, and in order for it to continue, a lot of money has been invested in it, so that it affects every life positively.
The government in partnership with the World Bank has raised the sum of 300 billion naira ($750 million), which will be shared with all states in Nigeria for the effectiveness of the program.
With the amount being released, everyone will benefit greatly from this scheme. It is enough to secure the future of all young people and children and offer a better life to the elderly in various local communities.
The government empowerment program will go on for three years, from the year 2021 to 2023 as approved by the world bank. Some funds will be allocated to all 36 states, which is about Twenty Million Dollars ($20 Million). While Fifteen Million Dollars ($15 Million)
goes to the Federal Capital, Abuja, and this will be executed in 2 years, according to the plan. If the people placed in charge of loan distribution follow through with the plan, half the population of Nigeria will be empowered.
Requirements For Getting The Funds
For anyone to be a part of this amazing program (NG-CARES), they must present some important documents to their community leaders or chairpersons. There see certain requirements that should be met before gaining access to your loan. Below are some of the documents needed;
- One must provide identification proof such as National Identification Number (NIN), a voter’s card, or a driver’s license.
- One must present a residential proof such as Nepa or Utility bill, Voters Card, or a Residence Identification Card if you have any (Optional).
- You must provide a document that has your actual age like NIN, Birth certificate, Voter’s Card, or Driver’s License.
- You must present any proof of bank verification of medium-small enterprises. This is to show if your business has been registered.
- You must present before the enumerators a Bank Verification Number (BVN) printout slip that has the signature or stamp of the bank.
- For you to get a loan, you must be experiencing financial difficulties, as this is proof that you are qualified for the loan.
- You need to have a business whether small or medium set up to access funds.
How Do I Apply For NG-Cares Stimulus Grant?
Applying for the NG Cares program is an easy process. To start the process, eligible applicants should register online via the NG Cares portal link.
Applicants can only get verified after the online registration. If you have successfully registered on the portal, a message of loan approval will be sent via email or direct text. After confirming the message, the next is payment, a date of disbursement will be given to you.
- Abia State > Click here
- Adamawa State (Yola) > Click Here
- Akwa Ibom State (Uyo) > Click Here
- Anambra State (Awka) > Click Here
- Bauchi State (Bauchi) > Click Here
- Bayelsa State (Yenagoa)> Click here
- Benue State (Makurdi)> Click Here
- Borno State (Maiduguri)> Click Here
- Cross River State (Calabar)> Click Here
- Delta State (Asaba)> Click Here
- Ebonyi State (Abakaliki)> Click Here
- Edo State (Benin City)> Click Here
- Ekiti State (Ado Ekiti)> Click Here
- Enugu State (Enugu)> Click Here
- Gombe State (Gombe)> Click Here
- Imo State (Owerri)> Click Here
- Jigawa State (Dutse)> Click Here
- Kaduna State (Kaduna)> Click Here
- Kano State (Kano)> Click Here
- Katsina State (Katsina)> Click Here
- Kebbi State (Birnin Kebbi)> Click Here
- Kogi State (Lokoja)> Click Here
- Kwara State (Ilorin)> Click Here
- Lagos State (Ikeja)> Click Here
- Nasarawa State (Lafia)> Click Here
- Niger State (Minna)> Click Here
- Ogun State (Abeokuta)> Click Here
- Ondo State (Akure)> Click Here
- Osun State (Oshogbo)> Click Here
- Oyo State (Ibadan)> Click Here
- Plateau State (Jos)> Click Here
- Rivers State (Port Harcourt)> Click Here
- Sokoto State (Sokoto)> Click Here
- Taraba State (Jalingo)> Click Here
- Yobe State (Damaturu)> Click Here
- Zamfara State (Gusau)> Click Here
Furthermore, there is another way for you to apply for NG CARES Stimulus Grant without going through the online process. You can meet the chairperson in your community to get an application form (they are in charge of registration).
Here is a list of people in the community that issues forms to applicants;
- NG CARES Agents
- Community Chairman
- Youth President in the Community
- Women Leaders in the Community
These persons will guide you throughout your registration and ensure that you partake in the loan scheme as long as you are eligible.
What Is NG Cares Grant Enumeration All About
NG- Cares enumerators supervise fund allocation in every state. They ensure that all qualified candidate benefits from the program. All vital information or documents like your Bank Verification Number should only be released to the enumerators in your area.
The pandemic brought so much suffering to people and has affected the economy, which has led to scarcity. However, the Nigeria COVID-19 Action Recovery and Economic Stimulus Programme (NG CARES) government initiative’s purpose is to eradicate poverty in the country, empower the youths, and improve agricultural sectors.
- FMBN NHF Mortgage Loan Application Portal – Apply Now
- Moniepoint Agent Loan – How to Easily Access Moniepoint Loan
- CBN N500k TIES Grant Application Form Portal
- Federal Government ₦4.5 million (NESP) BOI Grants Application Portal
- Transforming Nigerian Youths Program 2022/2023 – Apply Now
- GAIN Micro Grant for Empowerment 2022 (get N2M Agribusiness Funding)
- Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) Grant – How to Apply Online
- FG Cocoa, Plantain Farmers Loan For Nigerians – How to Apply
- CBN NIRSAL N10M Loan Application Portal Revealed – See Here
- GEEP Loan: Federal Government Enterprise Empowerment Program Loan
- Anzisha Prize 2023 Fellowship for Young African Entrepreneurs