The Higher Education Authority (HEA) has issued the 2022 call under the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Program (GOI-IES).
Under GOI-IES, 60 scholarships will be provided for one year study at Bachelor, Master or PhD levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution.
ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT OF IRELAND INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS
DEADLINE : 25 March 2022.
LEVEL : Bachelor, Master and PhD.
FINANCING : Full fee waiver + €10,000.
OPEN TO : all non-EU/EEA countries.
HOST : Ireland.
BENEFITS OF THE GOI INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
The government of Ireland International Education Scholarships program offers to successful candidates a €10,000 stipend for one year’s study and a full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution.
A total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships for the academic year 2022/2023
Successful Scholars are to commence studies in September/October 2022.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GOI-IES
Are eligible for government of Ireland International Education Scholarships program, students whose domiciliary of origin is outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland/United Kingdom and have received an offer of a place with an eligible Irish higher education institution for:
- The final year of an undergraduate program.
- One year of a taught master’s degree program.
- One year of a research program.
Candidates must also:
- Possess excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Extra curriculum activities (for example: humanitarian work; politics local, national, international; arts; sports);
- Possess strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES fits into their longer-term goals.
HOW TO APPLY FOR IRELAND’S INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS?
To apply for the GOI-IES, all applicants must possess a conditional or final offer of study from an eligible Irish higher education institution. To receive such an offer, the applicant must first apply to an Irish higher education institution for a course of study. The institution will then issue the student with an offer if they consider the student eligible for their course.
The following is a list of all institutions eligible under the GOI-IES 2022 program. You should, first, apply to a program in one of these institutions, and once you have got an offer, apply for the scholarships :
- American College Dublin
- CCT College Dublin
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway Business School
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Griffith College, Dublin
- ICD Business School, Dublin
- Independent College, Dublin
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- National College of Ireland , Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology
Any questions regarding the government of Ireland International Education Scholarships should be submitted to [email protected] no later than 25 March 2022.
The HEA will advise the applicants of the outcome of the evaluation process by 1 June 2022.