Kenya Police Service (KPS) ranks and salary structure, will give you deep insight into the national body in charge of law enforcement in the East African nation.
So many Kenyans in search of job would like to know more about the Kenya Police Service (KPS), while it can also be used for educational research.
Salary structure of the Kenya Police Service (KPS)
The primary question that individuals continue asking every day is the amount Kenya Police are paid. Well, check them out below.
Please Note: The salary structure of the Kenya Police is based on the ranking system.
- The Inspector General of Police will be earning Sh854,241, according to the new structure.
- A senior assistant inspector- general will be earning Sh274,890 every month
- Assistant inspector-general of police will pocket Sh187,890.
- A commissioner of police will earn a monthly salary of Sh130,590
- A Senior superintendent will get Sh85,890.
- A Superintendent will be earning Ksh Sh73,020
- Assistant superintendent of police will be taking home Sh70,530.
- Inspector of police will earn a basic salary of Sh53,820, up from Sh33,903.
- Senior sergeants will get Sh50,220, up from Sh31,737.
- A sergeant who has been taking home Sh28,671 will now pocket Sh45,540.
- A police officer in the rank of corporal, who has been earning Sh21,000, will by the end of the four-phase increment earn a monthly salary of Sh42,660.
- A constable, who currently earns a basic salary of Sh17,800, will pocket Sh32,880 by 2020.
Updated Kenya Police ranking structure
The Kenya Police wear badges of rank on the shoulders (Inspector-General – Inspector) and sleeve (Senior Sergeant – Constable) of their uniform to denote their rank. The order of Kenya Police ranks is as follows;
This rank has been ordered from the highest to the lowest ranking officer.
- Deputy Inspector-General
- Senior Assistant Inspector-General
- Assistant Inspector-General
- Senior Superintendent
- Assistant Superintendent
- Chief Inspector
- Senior Sergeant
There you have it on this post. I hope you found this piece helpful.