This post will expose you to how to register for National ID card and collect it immediately at www.nimc.gov.ng.
It is now very important to register and quickly get your National ID.
Now that you now know how importance it is to own a NIMC National ID card. it is time to learn how to register with NIMC portal atwww.nimc.gov.ng.
Before we go ahead on how to register your National ID let check the requirements for registration.
National Identity Card Requirement:
You are required to upload any of the following as a proof of your identity for your enrollment.
- Old National ID card.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Valid International passport.
- Voter’s ID card.
- staff ID card.
- State of origin certificate.
- Birth certificate/declaration of age
How to Register and Get National Identity Card immediately
- Visit the NIMC website: http://www.nimc.gov.ng to access the Enrollment Form
- Fill the Enrollment Form online with all your details and print out a summary sheet with a 2D Barcode and Registration Identification Number.
- Go to the enrollment center, where an enrollment officer scans the barcode to pull up your information from the databas
- You should verify and confirm the enrollment data on the system.
- Your headshot photograph, fingerprints and signature would then be captured.
- Submit your supporting documents for scanning.
- Your enrollment is acknowledged where two slips would be given to you. (a) Transaction Slip (b) NIN Slip indicating completion of enrollment.
- With everything properly done, you should not have any problems getting your identity card quickly.
How To Collect Your National e-ID Card
Please note that only those who have received an SMS can come forward to collect their Cards as directed in the SMS. No one can collect your National e-ID Card on your behalf. To qualify for a National e-ID Card, you must first be enrolled and have a National Identification Number (NIN).
You must have received an SMS from NIMC
Step 2 (Collection Centre)
Go to the NIMC Collection Centre indicated in the SMS sent to you. Take your NIN/Transaction slip along. Mention the Batch ID on the SMS.
Step 3 (Envelope Given/Received)
Receive your National e-ID Card in a sealed envelope. Open the envelope, take out the Card, sign on the space provided at the back. after reading, please keep all the inserts in the envelope safely
Step 4 (Biometric Verification)
Do a Biometric Verification to confirm that it is your Card. This also confirms that the Card has been properly printed
Step 5 (PIN Number Selection)
After biometric verification, you will be required to enter a FOUR (4) DIGIT NUMBER chosen by you to activate your National e-ID Card
Step 6 (Fund Loading)
There is provision for fund loading at the NIMC Collection Centre. You can also do actual Cash Loading at any branch of ACCESS BANK nationwide.
How to Check if your National e-ID Card is ready
You can check whether your National ID card is ready or not. This how to check-
1. Visit NIMC center: https://touch.nimc.gov.ng/
2. Then click the proceed button
3. Now, fill in your first name, last name and your National Identification Number and hit the ‘check now button’