Ondo State is one of the top states in Nigeria when it comes to tourism, and you are sure to find some of the sites listed on this post appealing to you.
Here is the list of the Top 7 tourist attractions in Ondo State and their locations, these sites are a must-visit for all.
Top 7 tourist sites in Ondo State today (2022 update)
Ondo or Ondo State is a state in Nigeria created on 3 February 1976 from the former Western State. It originally included what is now Ekiti State, which was split off in 1996. Akure is the state capital. Each Nigerian state has several ministerial offices representing the federal government.
Ondo state borders Ekiti state to the north, Kogi State to the northeast, Edo State to the east, Delta State to the southeast, Ogun State to the southwest, and Osun State to the northwest.
Please note that this list has not been written in any particular order and all the tourist sites in this post are one of the best you can find around.
1. Cave of Ashes Isharun: Located in Isharun, Ile-Oworo, in Ifedore Local Government of Ondo State, the cave is popularly known for its gigantic rocks which vary in shape and size.
2. Idanre Hills: If you are a tourist planning to visit Ondo State, you must find time to visit Idanre Hills. What makes Idanre hills so special? With six hundred and sixty-five steps to the peak of the mountain, this site remains one of the wonders of nature and a marvelous tourist destination for all.
3. Smoking Hills Golf Course: This golf course with 140 acres of hilly mounds covered with smokey fog is one lovely sight to behold and a top relaxation spot. Smoking Hills Golf Course is located on the outskirts of Ilara Mokin in Ifedore Local Government Area of the state.
4. Agbabu Bitumen: In the heart of Agbabu village in Okitipupa local government lies a huge reserve of Bitumen, and you might just like to visit.
5. Igbo-Olodumare: Tourism is all about adventures and a visit to Igbo-Olodumare located in Okeigbo, Ile Oluji/Okeigbo local government is sure to be adventurous.
6. Araromi beach: Araromi beach located in Ilaje local government area of Ondo state, is regarded as the most extensive coastline in West Africa. And am sure you are going to enjoy your visit.
7. Supare Akoko: Located at Supare-Akoko, Crushed Rock Industries is known for producing polished granites and a German owns it. Taking a walk around won’t be a bad idea.
Have fun on your visits.