Ekiti tourism is developing, having one of the most beautiful landscapes in South Western Nigeria, the state is sure on the right path to success.
If you are one who loves to travel and wants to try out a visit to Ekiti State, which is well known for its hills and gift of nature.
Check out some of my top picks
- Ikogosi Warm Springs: This tops my list, as it is taking a massive reshape. This unique site is popular because the spring is a confluence of hot spring and cold spring meeting at a point and then flowing down as a single stream, making it one of the most popular in Nigeria.
- Fajuyi Memorial Park: Late Colonel Adekunle Fajuyi was Killed along with General Aguiyi Ironsi, former Head of State in a Military coup in 1966. This memorial park is located in Ado-Ekiti, where he was buried.
- Motif Funland: It is the first Private Amusement park & Recreation center in Ekiti state, a really bold move from the investors. I see many brands similar centers spring up in the coming years.
- Ipole-Iloro Waterfall: Waterfalls are fun to visit and this one is located on the other side of Effon Ridge, away from the better-known Erin-Ijesha, and this site is worth stopping by.
- Oba’s Palaces: Visiting the palace of a king in Ekiti state is a sure way to learn more about the town, and also view traditional architectural edifices.
- Abanijorin Mountain & Cave Resort: Located in Iyin-Ekiti in Irepodun/Ifelodun LGA, this cave is capable of containing about thirty-four thousand people at a time and it is believed to have shielded the people of the town during the internecine wars in Yoruba land. This is a great site to explore the rich Yoruba history.
- Orole Hills, Ikere Ekiti: If are you in search of perfect sightseeing, picnicking, and mountaineering in Ekiti, then the Orole Hills, located in Ikere is a cool spot for you. Myth has it that the hill was formerly a woman who was worshipped and is still worshipped as a goddess of prosperity in the town.
- Olosunta Hills, Ikere Ekiti: Another hill in Ikere Ekiti, another top tourist site. The Ugele hill which is situated beside the Olosunta hill has a cave that could take one thousand people; a big space used in the past for wrestling.
- Erin Ayonigba Sacred Fish River, Erinjiyan-Ekiti: Finally on this list of the top 10 tourist sites in Ekiti State, is Erin Ayonigba Sacred Fish river. This site is known for being a colony of sacred catfish, not consumable, and is highly forbidden.
- Ero Dam & Lake: This tourist site is located at Ikun Ekiti and covers about 11km. The indigenes of the town, neighbours and Hausa fish on this Ero Dam & Lake. Local canoes, boats, and modern speed boats are made used by these fishermen. A visit to this site is going to be interesting.
Where’s “Igbeti” in Ekiti State?
You may wish to research further and correct this